Passenger Boats

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2000
      Frank,
      I noticed that you knew quit a bit about a boat that sailed named the La
      Lorraine. I'm wondering if you might have any information about the
      boat my ggrandmother sailed on called the Claire Mares in 1874. It
      arrived in the Port of Baltimore on May 4, 1874 but I'm not sure where
      it sailed from. My ggrandmother and her family were on board and had
      lived in Naczedadec, CZ.
      Thanks, Robin
    • sabinov@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2000
        Folks,

        If you want more information on specific ships and details on
        immigration on ships etc, I suggest you join TheShipsList, a very large
        (over 1700) list which deals with these subjects.

        We can take questions on these topics of course, but you're wise to ask
        on a list specific to the topic you are searching. There are also quite
        a few websites which lead to information on specific ships which those
        on that list maintain.

        Send subscribe in the body of an email with no other message to
        TheShipsList-L-request@... or change the L to D for digest.

        Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      • Lisa Majercik
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2000
          Hi- I found the following site useful in finding passenger ship
          information- some of the ships are pictured. You may also find more info at
          Cyndislist.com
          http://208.249.158.172/magellanscripts/ship_dates_volume.asp?ShipName=La+Lor
          raine
          http://208.249.158.172/magellan/