Slovaks in the Baltimore, MD area

  • kathiraisa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
      When I first joined this list I received a very nice e-mail from someone
      mentioning that every year there is a Slovak festival in the Baltimore area,
      if I am not mistaking in October.

      I would appreciate it very much if that person could e-mail me with more
      details about this.

      Thank you!
      Kathi-Raisa Petrick
      Cockeysville, MD
    • Scook@wvuf.wvnet.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
        Found this a while back.......hope it helps.

        Oct. 21.

        The Rusyns of Connecticut, Day Long Genealogy Conference on Rusyns -

        Co-sponsored by C-RS and American Carpatho-Russian Youth of St. John's
        Bridgeport.

        Anyone is welcome to attend, but reservations are required and a $25
        fee.

        Call C-RS at (412) 749-9899 or e-mail at = rusynone@... for
        more info.

        Oct. 26

        Rusyn Folk Customs by John Righetti

        Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Monongahela Historical Society
        Monongahela, PA.

        Call C-RS at (412) 749-9899 or e-mail rusynone@... for more
        info.

        Oct. 29

        20th Annual Carpatho-Rusyn Celebration

        Rusyn foods, entertainment, including the Slavjane ensemble,
        educational programs, Rusyn cultural displays,

        Sunday, noon-6 p.m. all at St. John's Byzantine Church, 185 E. Main
        Street in Uniontown, PA.

        For more info, call Bonnie Balas at (724) 438-8412.

        Thank you for your interest in the Carpatho-Rusyn Society.

        URL:http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/crs/meetings.htm
        Greg Gressa [ggressa@...]
        The Carpatho-Rusyn Knowledge Base

        Sandi Cook