Re: [S-R] Fajk/Faix from Grosslomnitz

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2009
      Karen,
      In the 1995 Census there are 71 listings for Faix in 19 places. 43 of those listings were in places near to "Grosslonmitz". In particular very close in Vysne Hagy. So the potential for this spelling is good.
      In Ellis Island there are 30 listings, 9 who appear to be from the same village, which is modern day Lominicka. Which is in the area of my ancestral village of Hromos. Highway 77 heads west out of Stara Lubovna, 19 km / 11.5 miles is Podolinec. 3.5 km south is Lomnicka.