Viewing LDS Films

  • J.West
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      In researching microfilm re my family lines Matejka and Praszlicskai (Prazlitska), I have found the following links to be very useful:

      For translating church records re English, Slovak, Latin, Hungarian:

      http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/

      For deciphering old handwriting:

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~genepool/oldalpha.htm

      http://www.firstct.com/fv/oldhand.html

      For English conversions of various foreign names:

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~scoconee/foreign_names.txt

      For Hungarian given names to English, Latin, German:

      http://www.fam.aust.com/topolcsany/names/

      These links with the exception of the last one (topolcsany/names) were all tested.

      Judy - (Csomad and Tisza-lok, Hungary and Secovce, Slovakia formerly Galszacs, Hungary)
    • Madrobnak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        In a message dated 10/2/00 5:18:55 PM, jwest@... writes:

        << http://www.fam.aust.com/topolcsany/names/ >>

        Thank you for this valuable research info! You have done a big favor to all
        of us
        Mary Anne