Re: Bdin / Trtice

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "lisa " <lmajercik@e...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have any information on the villages of Bdin/Trtice
      Czech
      > Rep? I have found their locations but that's about it......any info
      > or direction to where I can find info would be greatly appreciated-
      > plan to see them next month. Thanks
      >
      > Lisa

      There are two Tr^tice are located in the CR.
      Since Bdin is 45 km WNW of Praha, you want the Tr^tice located
      44 km from Praha.

      Tr^tice is located in the middle of a triangle formed by R^evnic^ov
      and Ms^ec and at the apex is the much larger town of Nové
      Stras^eci.

      http://www.mpo.cz/gc/9908/page0017.htm

      During 1950-1952, the Communist government of Czechoslovakia had
      all the parish churches send their old matriky (pre-1895 church
      registers) to the regional State Archives for safekeeping .
      This was done through local national committees after the church
      registers were declared state property by the government.

      For pre-1895 surname records from there you will probably have to
      write the Czech Archives.

      You can write them in German, Czech, or English.

      Czech Archives URLs.

      http://www2.genealogy.net/gene/reg/SUD/sudet_crarch_en.html

      http://www.netway.at/ihff/b.htm