Bdin / Trtice

  • lisa
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      Does anyone have any information on the villages of Bdin/Trtice Czech
      Rep? I have found their locations but that's about it......any info
      or direction to where I can find info would be greatly appreciated-
      plan to see them next month. Thanks

      Lisa
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "lisa " <lmajercik@e...> wrote:
        > Does anyone have any information on the villages of Bdin/Trtice
        Czech
        > Rep? I have found their locations but that's about it......any info
        > or direction to where I can find info would be greatly appreciated-
        > plan to see them next month. Thanks
        >
        > Lisa

        There are two Tr^tice are located in the CR.
        Since Bdin is 45 km WNW of Praha, you want the Tr^tice located
        44 km from Praha.

        Tr^tice is located in the middle of a triangle formed by R^evnic^ov
        and Ms^ec and at the apex is the much larger town of Nové
        Stras^eci.

        http://www.mpo.cz/gc/9908/page0017.htm

        During 1950-1952, the Communist government of Czechoslovakia had
        all the parish churches send their old matriky (pre-1895 church
        registers) to the regional State Archives for safekeeping .
        This was done through local national committees after the church
        registers were declared state property by the government.

        For pre-1895 surname records from there you will probably have to
        write the Czech Archives.

        You can write them in German, Czech, or English.

        Czech Archives URLs.

        http://www2.genealogy.net/gene/reg/SUD/sudet_crarch_en.html

        http://www.netway.at/ihff/b.htm