RE: [S-R] Cause of death?

  • Katherine Ayers
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
      I'm trying again to see if someone might be able to translate the word used
      for cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register.
      I've uploaded the record copy. I hope I did everything correctly. If you
      can access the record, and if it is readable, it is the first record under
      the year of 1891. Thank you!

      Katherine

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
        It seems that the file is empty. No upload.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Ayers" <kayers2@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying again to see if someone might be able to translate the word used
        > for cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register.
        > I've uploaded the record copy. I hope I did everything correctly. If you
        > can access the record, and if it is readable, it is the first record under
        > the year of 1891. Thank you!
        >
        > Katherine
        >

        > _____

      • Katherine Ayers
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
          John,

          Please try again to view the file. I went through the upload
          process again. It works from my end, and hopefully it means I've done
          things right this time, and not just that it worked for me because the file
          is sitting here on my personal computer. (Yikes! Technology can be
          challenging to senior brains.)

          Thank you for letting me know there was a problem with my
          initial upload.

          Katherine

          _____

          It seems that the file is empty. No upload.

          yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Ayers" <kayers2@...> wrote:

          > I'm trying again to see if someone might be able to translate the word
          used
          > for cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register.
          > I've uploaded the record copy. I hope I did everything correctly. If you
          > can access the record, and if it is readable, it is the first record under
          > the year of 1891. Thank you!
          >
          > Katherine
          >

          > _____
          >
          > From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@
          > On a death record in 1891, in the Bezovce Greek Catholic register, the
          cause
          > of death is listed as Virkov. There is an accent mark over the "o". Can
          > someone tell me the meaning of this word? Family story is that the
          > individual died from a snake bite. I'm sorry but the record copy I have is
          > poor. I doubt it would be readable if uploaded.
          > Katherine

        • JOHN
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
            >>> cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register. <<<

            VIZKOR = dropsy, edema
          • Katherine Ayers
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
              Thank you very much!

              Katherine

              _____

              >>> cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register.
              <<<

              VIZKOR = dropsy, edema