Slovak-World Subscribing

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26 6:53 PM
      It is not difficult to subscribe to the Slovak-World e-mail list. Just send a
      message with the single word:

      subscribe

      in both the subject line and only that single word in the body of the message.
      Don't write "I want to subscribe" or "subscribing to S-W", etc.

      Send the message to: listproc@...

      You can send a single message of "help", without the quotation marks as
      described above in the "subscribe" instructions to the address and you will
      receive everything necessary to know about S-W.

      Please be advised that Slovak-World is an "UNMODERATED" list. It is nearly
      impossible to get thrown off of it, consequently there are occasional "flame
      wars" (generally juvenile behavior on the part of a few members) but the list
      goes on. It is best to remember the internet code - - - Do not annoy and do not
      be easily annoyed. The "list owners" are Miroslav Gecovic gecovic@...
      and Ivan Pobis pobis@... , they are reasonable but really only respond
      to complaints of spamming, the rest of the activity in the list is not
      controlled. I do not think either of them have ever sent a message to the list
      either as the "owner" or member. I have had a couple of personal notes from
      Ivan. All messages will be handled through: slovak-world@... , but there
      is no point in sending mail to that address until you are a member.

      If you are used to highly controlled lists where the "owner" frequently sends
      out directives, rules, and statements about removing members because of some
      perceived transgression about not sticking to the purpose of the list or
      "flaming" someone. You are in for a different experience with S-W. A fair
      number of S-W members belong to Slovak-Roots. It is interesting to see the
      difference in the manner in which various topics are addressed.

      Dr. "Q"