Re: [S-R] Kijo, Slovakia years: 1764 Johan Dusnak

  • Alice-Lorraine von Halle
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 20, 2009
      Thanks for the info, Michael.  I remember my mother telling me about the time she was in school and how they would pray for the King each morning..  They were under the Austro-Hugarian rule at that time.  It was easier when the Czech Republ;c and Slovak Republic were one, then when asked what nationality I was that was it!  Now everyone kids me and says I need two flags instead of one!  Well, that on the humorous side, I will keep looking into all the papers I have to maybe come up with something leading me to my Dad's past in Europe.  I tried contacting a 2nd cousin in CT, but she does not answer and so be it.  I found a Dusnak, but deceased in IL. and could not get that to go any farther.  She was Austrian and a widow.  The other Dusnak is also known as Durnak and they were in CO.  Even my Dad's WW1 military paper lists his name as Dushnak.  So continue  I will and I thank you for all of your suggestions.
      Alice-Lorraine