Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Slovakian Foods

  • Madrobnak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
      Please share with us the web address for Slovak World. Mary Anne
    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
        Dear All,

        Help! I can't keep posting about this on the Slovak Roots list so please
        save this message as it will not be repeated, at least not by me... There
        is no web site for Slovak World. It is an e-list. Once again, the
        instructions for subscribing are as follows:

        To Subscribe..............

        To: listproc@...

        in Body of letter
        SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
        **
        ******************
        Subj: (no subject)
        Date: 3/27/99 1:56:57 AM Eastern Standard Time
        From: <A HREF="mailto:Ylbrd">Ylbrd</A>
        To: <A HREF="mailto:listproc@...">listproc@...</A>

        SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX

        Subj: SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
        Date: 4/20/98 12:05:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time
        From: listproc@...
        Sender: listproc@...
        To: ylbrd@...
        CC: listadm@...

        You have been added to list slovak-world@....
        The system has recorded your address as

        ylbrd@...

        and in order for your messages to get posted (if the list accepts postings),
        you will have to send them from this address, unless the list does not
        require subscription for posting.
        If a message is ever rejected, please contact the list's owner:
        listadm@...

        For information on this service and how to use it, send the following
        request in the body of a mail message to listproc@...:

        HELP

        All requests should be addressed to listproc@....

        Please save this message for future reference, especially if you
        are not familiar with LISTPROC. This might look like a waste of disk
        space now, but in 6 months you will be glad you saved this information
        when you realize you cannot remember what the lists are that you
        subscribed to, or what the command is to leave the list in order to avoid
        filling up your mailbox while you are on vacations.

        1.If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, you
        can send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in the
        body of your e-mail message:

        unsubscribe SLOVAK-WORLD

        2.If you wish to obtain more information how to use listproc
        please send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in
        the body of your e-mail message:

        help

        3.If you want to send information to all members of the list
        please send mail to "slovak-world@..." containing your information
        in the body of e-mail.

        Here is the general information for the list you have subscribed to,
        in case you don't already have it:

        Working with Internet we have found people who descend from
        Slovakia or some of their relatives descend from Slovakia. We think it
        would be interesting to develop a net forum to make contacts with. That was
        the main reason why we created this list.
        SLOVAK-WORLD is a an open unmoderated distribution list which you
        can use for contacting Slovaks all over the world. It is not
        limited to territory or to language, it is open for all of those who
        have something common with Slovaks and Slovakia. The list is maintained by
        Miroslav Gecovic (gecovic@...) and Ivan Pobis (pobis@...).
        We will be very happy if this list helps you to find lost contacts,join
        relatives, meet new friends...etc.

        Welcome and good luck
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
          I *think* I subscribed - I put the word 'subscribe' in the body of the
          message, which is what all the rootsweb lists that I am part of, ask for.

          I am totally confused by "Cathy (Ambrisko) Mullenix"

          Should I have put my name in the body of the message? Or for some reason
          should I put "Cathy" etc. - is that name part of the name of the list? I
          really don't understand what is wanted.

          Regina Haring, Nanuet, NY