Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Subscribing to Slovak World

  • Olsmarie1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
      Peggy - I made a lot of attempts to sign on Slovak World - I will wait until
      I go to my daughter's house and use her new AOL program - Thank you for your
      reply -----Marie G
    • Steve Veneskey
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
        Hi, I would like to subscribe to this but I don't know the address.
        Thank you, Karen

        RJMRAZIK wrote:

        > I have made two (unsuccessful) attempts to subscribe to Slovak World after
        > the recent message about this site was posted to this list, I wanted to
        > check it out.
        > In the last attempt I received a message that said "any subsequent requests
        > that you might have submitted have been ignored" I don't understand why this
        > is happening.
        > I never spam or flame etc.
        > It also had an address to report problems 'listadm@...' which I clicked
        > on and sent a message telling them I was having trouble trying to subscribe.
        > This message was returned as undeliverable.
        > Anyone, any ideas?
        > Peggy Mrazik

      • Ron Matviyak2
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
          Peggy, to subscribe to slovak-world,

          send a message to listproc@...
          leave the subject line blank
          the message should read

          subscribe slovak-world peggy mrazik

          that is all. just be SURE you are sending 'just text' and NO 'html' or
          'RTF'
          the plain text gets the message across. the fancy formatting html and rtf
          just confuse the processor!

          Good luck and enjoy

          Ron

          PS it took me weeks to discover that 'plain text' was my answer when I
          switched computers and the new one automatically sent everything "RTF"

          PPS there should be no way a third party can subscribe or unsubscribe for
          you, otherwise anyone could kick you off the list! the problem also is that
          you must unsubscribe from the same address that you subscribed from. . .

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
            I forgot to mention what Ron has pointed out. Mailing lists are almost
            exclusively PLAIN TEXT and sometimes so compulsively dedicated to plain text to
            avoid viruses, etc. that even the blue hypertext underlined addresses are
            removed, such as is done on this list.

            In your address book be sure to mark plain text if using Outlook Express, check
            the box in the lower left corner to send only plain text. For Netscape be sure
            the box "Prefers to receive rich text (HTML) mail" is NOT checked.

            Dr. "Q"