Cause of death?

  • xpendable298
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2009
      On a death record in 1891, in the Bezovce Greek Catholic register, the cause of death is listed as Virkov. There is an accent mark over the "o". Can someone tell me the meaning of this word? Family story is that the individual died from a snake bite. I'm sorry but the record copy I have is poor. I doubt it would be readable if uploaded.
      Katherine
    • Katherine Ayers
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
        I'm trying again to see if someone might be able to translate the word used
        for cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register.
        I've uploaded the record copy. I hope I did everything correctly. If you
        can access the record, and if it is readable, it is the first record under
        the year of 1891. Thank you!

        Katherine

        _____

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
          It seems that the file is empty. No upload.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Ayers" <kayers2@...> wrote:

          > I'm trying again to see if someone might be able to translate the word used
          > for cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register.
          > I've uploaded the record copy. I hope I did everything correctly. If you
          > can access the record, and if it is readable, it is the first record under
          > the year of 1891. Thank you!
          >
          > Katherine
          >

          > _____

        • Katherine Ayers
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
            John,

            Please try again to view the file. I went through the upload
            process again. It works from my end, and hopefully it means I've done
            things right this time, and not just that it worked for me because the file
            is sitting here on my personal computer. (Yikes! Technology can be
            challenging to senior brains.)

            Thank you for letting me know there was a problem with my
            initial upload.

            Katherine

            _____

            It seems that the file is empty. No upload.

            yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Ayers" <kayers2@...> wrote:

            > I'm trying again to see if someone might be able to translate the word
            used
            > for cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register.
            > I've uploaded the record copy. I hope I did everything correctly. If you
            > can access the record, and if it is readable, it is the first record under
            > the year of 1891. Thank you!
            >
            > Katherine
            >

            > _____
            >
            > From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@
            > On a death record in 1891, in the Bezovce Greek Catholic register, the
            cause
            > of death is listed as Virkov. There is an accent mark over the "o". Can
            > someone tell me the meaning of this word? Family story is that the
            > individual died from a snake bite. I'm sorry but the record copy I have is
            > poor. I doubt it would be readable if uploaded.
            > Katherine

          • JOHN
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
              >>> cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register. <<<

              VIZKOR = dropsy, edema
            • Katherine Ayers
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
                Thank you very much!

                Katherine

                _____

                >>> cause of death on a death record from 1891 in the Bezovce GC register.
                <<<

                VIZKOR = dropsy, edema