Subscribing to Slovak World

  • RJMRAZIK
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
      I have made two (unsuccessful) attempts to subscribe to Slovak World after
      the recent message about this site was posted to this list, I wanted to
      check it out.
      In the last attempt I received a message that said "any subsequent requests
      that you might have submitted have been ignored" I don't understand why this
      is happening.
      I never spam or flame etc.
      It also had an address to report problems 'listadm@...' which I clicked
      on and sent a message telling them I was having trouble trying to subscribe.
      This message was returned as undeliverable.
      Anyone, any ideas?
      Peggy Mrazik
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
        Peggy - I made a lot of attempts to sign on Slovak World - I will wait until
        I go to my daughter's house and use her new AOL program - Thank you for your
        reply -----Marie G
      • Steve Veneskey
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
          Hi, I would like to subscribe to this but I don't know the address.
          Thank you, Karen

          RJMRAZIK wrote:

          > I have made two (unsuccessful) attempts to subscribe to Slovak World after
          > the recent message about this site was posted to this list, I wanted to
          > check it out.
          > In the last attempt I received a message that said "any subsequent requests
          > that you might have submitted have been ignored" I don't understand why this
          > is happening.
          > I never spam or flame etc.
          > It also had an address to report problems 'listadm@...' which I clicked
          > on and sent a message telling them I was having trouble trying to subscribe.
          > This message was returned as undeliverable.
          > Anyone, any ideas?
          > Peggy Mrazik

        • Ron Matviyak2
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
            Peggy, to subscribe to slovak-world,

            send a message to listproc@...
            leave the subject line blank
            the message should read

            subscribe slovak-world peggy mrazik

            that is all. just be SURE you are sending 'just text' and NO 'html' or
            'RTF'
            the plain text gets the message across. the fancy formatting html and rtf
            just confuse the processor!

            Good luck and enjoy

            Ron

            PS it took me weeks to discover that 'plain text' was my answer when I
            switched computers and the new one automatically sent everything "RTF"

            PPS there should be no way a third party can subscribe or unsubscribe for
            you, otherwise anyone could kick you off the list! the problem also is that
            you must unsubscribe from the same address that you subscribed from. . .

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 26, 2000
              I forgot to mention what Ron has pointed out. Mailing lists are almost
              exclusively PLAIN TEXT and sometimes so compulsively dedicated to plain text to
              avoid viruses, etc. that even the blue hypertext underlined addresses are
              removed, such as is done on this list.

              In your address book be sure to mark plain text if using Outlook Express, check
              the box in the lower left corner to send only plain text. For Netscape be sure
              the box "Prefers to receive rich text (HTML) mail" is NOT checked.

              Dr. "Q"