Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Slovakian Foods

  • Olsmarie1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
      Thank you Andrea --Marie G
    • Madrobnak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
        Please share with us the web address for Slovak World. Mary Anne
      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
          Dear All,

          Help! I can't keep posting about this on the Slovak Roots list so please
          save this message as it will not be repeated, at least not by me... There
          is no web site for Slovak World. It is an e-list. Once again, the
          instructions for subscribing are as follows:

          To Subscribe..............

          To: listproc@...

          in Body of letter
          SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
          **
          ******************
          Subj: (no subject)
          Date: 3/27/99 1:56:57 AM Eastern Standard Time
          From: <A HREF="mailto:Ylbrd">Ylbrd</A>
          To: <A HREF="mailto:listproc@...">listproc@...</A>

          SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX

          Subj: SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
          Date: 4/20/98 12:05:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time
          From: listproc@...
          Sender: listproc@...
          To: ylbrd@...
          CC: listadm@...

          You have been added to list slovak-world@....
          The system has recorded your address as

          ylbrd@...

          and in order for your messages to get posted (if the list accepts postings),
          you will have to send them from this address, unless the list does not
          require subscription for posting.
          If a message is ever rejected, please contact the list's owner:
          listadm@...

          For information on this service and how to use it, send the following
          request in the body of a mail message to listproc@...:

          HELP

          All requests should be addressed to listproc@....

          Please save this message for future reference, especially if you
          are not familiar with LISTPROC. This might look like a waste of disk
          space now, but in 6 months you will be glad you saved this information
          when you realize you cannot remember what the lists are that you
          subscribed to, or what the command is to leave the list in order to avoid
          filling up your mailbox while you are on vacations.

          1.If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, you
          can send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in the
          body of your e-mail message:

          unsubscribe SLOVAK-WORLD

          2.If you wish to obtain more information how to use listproc
          please send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in
          the body of your e-mail message:

          help

          3.If you want to send information to all members of the list
          please send mail to "slovak-world@..." containing your information
          in the body of e-mail.

          Here is the general information for the list you have subscribed to,
          in case you don't already have it:

          Working with Internet we have found people who descend from
          Slovakia or some of their relatives descend from Slovakia. We think it
          would be interesting to develop a net forum to make contacts with. That was
          the main reason why we created this list.
          SLOVAK-WORLD is a an open unmoderated distribution list which you
          can use for contacting Slovaks all over the world. It is not
          limited to territory or to language, it is open for all of those who
          have something common with Slovaks and Slovakia. The list is maintained by
          Miroslav Gecovic (gecovic@...) and Ivan Pobis (pobis@...).
          We will be very happy if this list helps you to find lost contacts,join
          relatives, meet new friends...etc.

          Welcome and good luck
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
            I *think* I subscribed - I put the word 'subscribe' in the body of the
            message, which is what all the rootsweb lists that I am part of, ask for.

            I am totally confused by "Cathy (Ambrisko) Mullenix"

            Should I have put my name in the body of the message? Or for some reason
            should I put "Cathy" etc. - is that name part of the name of the list? I
            really don't understand what is wanted.

            Regina Haring, Nanuet, NY