Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Slovakian Foods

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
      I don't think there is anyway to sign up a third party, but I will look into
      it.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
        Thank you Andrea --Marie G
      • Madrobnak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
          Please share with us the web address for Slovak World. Mary Anne
        • Andrea Vangor
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
            Dear All,

            Help! I can't keep posting about this on the Slovak Roots list so please
            save this message as it will not be repeated, at least not by me... There
            is no web site for Slovak World. It is an e-list. Once again, the
            instructions for subscribing are as follows:

            To Subscribe..............

            To: listproc@...

            in Body of letter
            SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
            **
            ******************
            Subj: (no subject)
            Date: 3/27/99 1:56:57 AM Eastern Standard Time
            From: <A HREF="mailto:Ylbrd">Ylbrd</A>
            To: <A HREF="mailto:listproc@...">listproc@...</A>

            SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX

            Subj: SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
            Date: 4/20/98 12:05:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time
            From: listproc@...
            Sender: listproc@...
            To: ylbrd@...
            CC: listadm@...

            You have been added to list slovak-world@....
            The system has recorded your address as

            ylbrd@...

            and in order for your messages to get posted (if the list accepts postings),
            you will have to send them from this address, unless the list does not
            require subscription for posting.
            If a message is ever rejected, please contact the list's owner:
            listadm@...

            For information on this service and how to use it, send the following
            request in the body of a mail message to listproc@...:

            HELP

            All requests should be addressed to listproc@....

            Please save this message for future reference, especially if you
            are not familiar with LISTPROC. This might look like a waste of disk
            space now, but in 6 months you will be glad you saved this information
            when you realize you cannot remember what the lists are that you
            subscribed to, or what the command is to leave the list in order to avoid
            filling up your mailbox while you are on vacations.

            1.If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, you
            can send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in the
            body of your e-mail message:

            unsubscribe SLOVAK-WORLD

            2.If you wish to obtain more information how to use listproc
            please send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in
            the body of your e-mail message:

            help

            3.If you want to send information to all members of the list
            please send mail to "slovak-world@..." containing your information
            in the body of e-mail.

            Here is the general information for the list you have subscribed to,
            in case you don't already have it:

            Working with Internet we have found people who descend from
            Slovakia or some of their relatives descend from Slovakia. We think it
            would be interesting to develop a net forum to make contacts with. That was
            the main reason why we created this list.
            SLOVAK-WORLD is a an open unmoderated distribution list which you
            can use for contacting Slovaks all over the world. It is not
            limited to territory or to language, it is open for all of those who
            have something common with Slovaks and Slovakia. The list is maintained by
            Miroslav Gecovic (gecovic@...) and Ivan Pobis (pobis@...).
            We will be very happy if this list helps you to find lost contacts,join
            relatives, meet new friends...etc.

            Welcome and good luck
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
              I *think* I subscribed - I put the word 'subscribe' in the body of the
              message, which is what all the rootsweb lists that I am part of, ask for.

              I am totally confused by "Cathy (Ambrisko) Mullenix"

              Should I have put my name in the body of the message? Or for some reason
              should I put "Cathy" etc. - is that name part of the name of the list? I
              really don't understand what is wanted.

              Regina Haring, Nanuet, NY