Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Slovakian Foods

  • Olsmarie1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
      Andrea - Remember me - Marie G - I was on Slovak-World before my computer
      crashed - is there anyway you can sign me on to Slovak World in Digest mode -
      I cannot seem to do it with this early program of AOL which hardly does
      anything - I will have to wait until I go to my daughter's house - but not
      this week - I miss the Slovak World list ---Marie G
    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
        I don't think there is anyway to sign up a third party, but I will look into
        it.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
          Thank you Andrea --Marie G
        • Madrobnak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
            Please share with us the web address for Slovak World. Mary Anne
          • Andrea Vangor
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
              Dear All,

              Help! I can't keep posting about this on the Slovak Roots list so please
              save this message as it will not be repeated, at least not by me... There
              is no web site for Slovak World. It is an e-list. Once again, the
              instructions for subscribing are as follows:

              To Subscribe..............

              To: listproc@...

              in Body of letter
              SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
              **
              ******************
              Subj: (no subject)
              Date: 3/27/99 1:56:57 AM Eastern Standard Time
              From: <A HREF="mailto:Ylbrd">Ylbrd</A>
              To: <A HREF="mailto:listproc@...">listproc@...</A>

              SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX

              Subj: SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
              Date: 4/20/98 12:05:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time
              From: listproc@...
              Sender: listproc@...
              To: ylbrd@...
              CC: listadm@...

              You have been added to list slovak-world@....
              The system has recorded your address as

              ylbrd@...

              and in order for your messages to get posted (if the list accepts postings),
              you will have to send them from this address, unless the list does not
              require subscription for posting.
              If a message is ever rejected, please contact the list's owner:
              listadm@...

              For information on this service and how to use it, send the following
              request in the body of a mail message to listproc@...:

              HELP

              All requests should be addressed to listproc@....

              Please save this message for future reference, especially if you
              are not familiar with LISTPROC. This might look like a waste of disk
              space now, but in 6 months you will be glad you saved this information
              when you realize you cannot remember what the lists are that you
              subscribed to, or what the command is to leave the list in order to avoid
              filling up your mailbox while you are on vacations.

              1.If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, you
              can send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in the
              body of your e-mail message:

              unsubscribe SLOVAK-WORLD

              2.If you wish to obtain more information how to use listproc
              please send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in
              the body of your e-mail message:

              help

              3.If you want to send information to all members of the list
              please send mail to "slovak-world@..." containing your information
              in the body of e-mail.

              Here is the general information for the list you have subscribed to,
              in case you don't already have it:

              Working with Internet we have found people who descend from
              Slovakia or some of their relatives descend from Slovakia. We think it
              would be interesting to develop a net forum to make contacts with. That was
              the main reason why we created this list.
              SLOVAK-WORLD is a an open unmoderated distribution list which you
              can use for contacting Slovaks all over the world. It is not
              limited to territory or to language, it is open for all of those who
              have something common with Slovaks and Slovakia. The list is maintained by
              Miroslav Gecovic (gecovic@...) and Ivan Pobis (pobis@...).
              We will be very happy if this list helps you to find lost contacts,join
              relatives, meet new friends...etc.

              Welcome and good luck
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
                I *think* I subscribed - I put the word 'subscribe' in the body of the
                message, which is what all the rootsweb lists that I am part of, ask for.

                I am totally confused by "Cathy (Ambrisko) Mullenix"

                Should I have put my name in the body of the message? Or for some reason
                should I put "Cathy" etc. - is that name part of the name of the list? I
                really don't understand what is wanted.

                Regina Haring, Nanuet, NY