Research Tip

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2009
      Recently I have been using some of the On-line translators to navigate
      sites that are not in English. While "bumby" in their translations they
      work quite well.

      Google is one site that does have the Slovak language and using
      http://slovnik.azet.sk/ <http://slovnik.azet.sk/> to check the
      translation it works even better.

      Since part of my genealogy work takes me into the Ukraine I have been
      practicing this method with the cyrillic alphabet with some success.

      Out of the blue I tried googling my ancestral village in cyrillic and
      found a brief history! http://patskanovo.narod.ru/index.html
      <http://patskanovo.narod.ru/index.html>

      I have found no other sites that mention Patskan'ova until now.

      Translating the text into English (copying and pasting) I found some
      information I had not known before hand.

      Now if I can only find something on the village of Kybliary........

      It works for me!

      Good Luck in your searches,

      Dennis