Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Slovakian Foods

  • RMH
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 25, 2000
      Would you please post the address of Slovak World? Thank you - Regina Haring
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
        Andrea - Remember me - Marie G - I was on Slovak-World before my computer
        crashed - is there anyway you can sign me on to Slovak World in Digest mode -
        I cannot seem to do it with this early program of AOL which hardly does
        anything - I will have to wait until I go to my daughter's house - but not
        this week - I miss the Slovak World list ---Marie G
      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
          I don't think there is anyway to sign up a third party, but I will look into
          it.

        • Olsmarie1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
            Thank you Andrea --Marie G
          • Madrobnak@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
              Please share with us the web address for Slovak World. Mary Anne
            • Andrea Vangor
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
                Dear All,

                Help! I can't keep posting about this on the Slovak Roots list so please
                save this message as it will not be repeated, at least not by me... There
                is no web site for Slovak World. It is an e-list. Once again, the
                instructions for subscribing are as follows:

                To Subscribe..............

                To: listproc@...

                in Body of letter
                SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
                **
                ******************
                Subj: (no subject)
                Date: 3/27/99 1:56:57 AM Eastern Standard Time
                From: <A HREF="mailto:Ylbrd">Ylbrd</A>
                To: <A HREF="mailto:listproc@...">listproc@...</A>

                SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX

                Subj: SUBSCRIBE SLOVAK-WORLD CATHY (AMBRISKO) MULLENIX
                Date: 4/20/98 12:05:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time
                From: listproc@...
                Sender: listproc@...
                To: ylbrd@...
                CC: listadm@...

                You have been added to list slovak-world@....
                The system has recorded your address as

                ylbrd@...

                and in order for your messages to get posted (if the list accepts postings),
                you will have to send them from this address, unless the list does not
                require subscription for posting.
                If a message is ever rejected, please contact the list's owner:
                listadm@...

                For information on this service and how to use it, send the following
                request in the body of a mail message to listproc@...:

                HELP

                All requests should be addressed to listproc@....

                Please save this message for future reference, especially if you
                are not familiar with LISTPROC. This might look like a waste of disk
                space now, but in 6 months you will be glad you saved this information
                when you realize you cannot remember what the lists are that you
                subscribed to, or what the command is to leave the list in order to avoid
                filling up your mailbox while you are on vacations.

                1.If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, you
                can send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in the
                body of your e-mail message:

                unsubscribe SLOVAK-WORLD

                2.If you wish to obtain more information how to use listproc
                please send mail to "listproc@..." with the following command in
                the body of your e-mail message:

                help

                3.If you want to send information to all members of the list
                please send mail to "slovak-world@..." containing your information
                in the body of e-mail.

                Here is the general information for the list you have subscribed to,
                in case you don't already have it:

                Working with Internet we have found people who descend from
                Slovakia or some of their relatives descend from Slovakia. We think it
                would be interesting to develop a net forum to make contacts with. That was
                the main reason why we created this list.
                SLOVAK-WORLD is a an open unmoderated distribution list which you
                can use for contacting Slovaks all over the world. It is not
                limited to territory or to language, it is open for all of those who
                have something common with Slovaks and Slovakia. The list is maintained by
                Miroslav Gecovic (gecovic@...) and Ivan Pobis (pobis@...).
                We will be very happy if this list helps you to find lost contacts,join
                relatives, meet new friends...etc.

                Welcome and good luck
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 26, 2000
                  I *think* I subscribed - I put the word 'subscribe' in the body of the
                  message, which is what all the rootsweb lists that I am part of, ask for.

                  I am totally confused by "Cathy (Ambrisko) Mullenix"

                  Should I have put my name in the body of the message? Or for some reason
                  should I put "Cathy" etc. - is that name part of the name of the list? I
                  really don't understand what is wanted.

                  Regina Haring, Nanuet, NY