Re: [S-R] Re: Village & Family Connections

  • joanski
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 3, 2009
      Wow, thanks John...I'll take a look see what else I can find. Been
      trying to find the Hudak connection, whew, that's like looking for
      Smith. But thanks for your suggestion. Steve Morse website? I was
      just about to buy a trial membership to Ancestry.com so I can look
      further. I did find one interesting "link" with a name I'd heard in
      my kidhood Dzurinka, think the family were cousins or something.
      This gets really deep. John you are a goldmine, thanks for the new
      thread/suggestion.

      Best,

      J.B.
      On Nov 3, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Tom Potsko wrote:

      > I've seen Tomascik as a possible alternative spelling.

      > Anglicized
      > > when my grandad reached the US to TOMOCHICK. <<<
      > >
      > > Using the Steve Morse web site as a resource for Ellis Island
      > research, we
      > > find Tomocsik from the relevant part of Slovakia. That may be our
      > best guess
      > > for the moment.

    • joanski
      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 4, 2009