RE: [S-R] Baptism/marriage entries

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
      You can read more about it here:
      http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/churches.htm

      Bill

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Bill Tarkulich [mailto:bill.tarkulich@...]
      Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 1:17 PM
      To: 'SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: RE: [S-R] Baptism/marriage entries

      Bill, I believe the following two facts should answer your questions. If
      not, fire away.

      1. Church records were not turned over to the archives until 1952.
      2. After 1895 the church was no longer responsible for maintaining vital
      records for the state.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
        Bill,

        The first statement takes care of the additional entries after 1895. In
        one case, I forget which parish but I came across records up to 1952. As
        far as the second, churches were apparently adding entries to existing
        records, though they were not responsible for setting up new records,
        even though some did. Thank you for your reply.

        Bill

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
          Bill,

          Thank you for directing me to your website. I should have checked it
          before writing my questions, since it covers all the bases.

          Bill