Re: Cities and Surnames

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Rubi2341@a... wrote:
      > Thank you for your answers to my
      query. The
      > religion of my ancestors in America has been Evangelical Lutheran,
      German
      > Lutheran, and Slovak Lutheran Churches. We have searched the
      records
      of the
      > known churches.
      > Sincerely
      > Ruby Uhazie

      And the pre-emigration Lutheran church records ?

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the Lutheran parish registers
      (1756-1895) for Spis^ská Nová Ves, Slovakia, formerly known as
      Igló, Szepes Megye, Hungary.
      Text in German, Latin and Hungarian.
      Includes affiliated towns Harichovce, Hnilc^ík, Hnilec,
      Markus^ovce, Rudn^any, and Smiz^any.

      film #
      1739842
      1739843