Feature your favorite ancestral photo

  • billski
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27 9:42 AM
      Do you have photo of your ancestor, ancestral village or prized possession that you would like to have displayed on our home page?

      The current one was submitted by a member a couple of years ago. Time for an update!

      If so, send me your photo by private email and I'll post one per month, in the order received. Remember, the photo must relate to our research area and interests.

      Thanks!

      Bill Tarkulich
    • piekielnik@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27 12:52 PM
        Hi Bill,

        Here's a photo, circa 1905, from Pekelnik, Orava, Austria/Hungary of my g-grandparents and their daughter, my grandmother.

        It could be titled "why they left." Extreme poverty and near starvation existence was the norm, as recalled by grandaunt, who worked from dawn to dusk in the fields with only potatoes and sauerkraut in the morning and in the evening.

        Carolyn

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27 1:04 PM
          You have to mail to me privately, NOT to the SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          address. I want to respect everyone else's mailbox size.

          Thanks.

          On Tue, October 27, 2009 3:52 pm, piekielnik@... wrote:
          > Hi Bill,
          >
          > Here's a photo, circa 1905, from Pekelnik, Orava, Austria/Hungary of my
          > g-grandparents and their daughter, my grandmother.
          >
          > It could be titled "why they left." Extreme poverty and near starvation
          > existence was the norm, as recalled by grandaunt, who worked from dawn to
          > dusk in the fields with only potatoes and sauerkraut in the morning and
          > in the evening.
          >
          > Carolyn

          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com