Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] SUCHMA Post Card

  • Jozef Porubcansky
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2000
      Hello,

      Here is my transcription of the postcard:

      --------------- Slovak text ---------------

      Nemso, januar 12, 1915

      Emilka
      Noveho zde neni nic,
      zima zadna, porad len prsi,
      blata by sa clovek utopil
      Pis me co tam noviny pisu
      jak trufa to jak to vipadne
      s tou valkou
      zde zase rukuji regruti
      zde vsecko je moc drahe
      srdecne te pozdravuji a libam
      i celou rodinu
      Nazdar
      Prajem vam vsecko dobre
      Karol

      -------English Translation -----------------
      Nemso (now Nemsova), january 12, 1915

      Emily,
      There's nothing new here,
      no winter, raining only,
      very much mud.
      Write to me what is in the
      your newspapers about the war.
      Here are new soldiers recruited .
      Everything is very expensive here.
      A am greeting you and your family.
      I am wishing you the best.
      Karol

      Nemsova is a village in Slovakia, in the district of Trencin.
      According to phone book, there is still at least one Suchma
      family there.

      Porubcansky