SUCHMA Post Card

  • jajames@cloudnet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2000
      Can anyone interpret the text of this post card which was sent by a
      Karel Suchma to an Emilie Suchma in Clear Water, Minnesota, USA.
      I have long searched for the identity of a mystery female relative in
      Clear Water. I hope this card may help to solve the mystery. Any and
      all help is very much appreciated. thank you.
      Judy
    • Jozef Porubcansky
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2000
        Hello,

        Here is my transcription of the postcard:

        --------------- Slovak text ---------------

        Nemso, januar 12, 1915

        Emilka
        Noveho zde neni nic,
        zima zadna, porad len prsi,
        blata by sa clovek utopil
        Pis me co tam noviny pisu
        jak trufa to jak to vipadne
        s tou valkou
        zde zase rukuji regruti
        zde vsecko je moc drahe
        srdecne te pozdravuji a libam
        i celou rodinu
        Nazdar
        Prajem vam vsecko dobre
        Karol

        -------English Translation -----------------
        Nemso (now Nemsova), january 12, 1915

        Emily,
        There's nothing new here,
        no winter, raining only,
        very much mud.
        Write to me what is in the
        your newspapers about the war.
        Here are new soldiers recruited .
        Everything is very expensive here.
        A am greeting you and your family.
        I am wishing you the best.
        Karol

        Nemsova is a village in Slovakia, in the district of Trencin.
        According to phone book, there is still at least one Suchma
        family there.

        Porubcansky