surname Mirck / Mirk

  • Henk Mirck
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2000
      Frank,
      Thanks for all of this.
      In my research i've found out ancestors back to 1600.
      They lived in Korbach, Germany.
      In the 18oo's the went to the Netherlands and somewhat earlier to the USA
      and Canada.
      I'm aware of the fact that there are nowadays family living in Hungary,
      but I just can find out if they went from Germany tot there or that my roots
      (pre 1600)
      are lying there.
      I have some more information that the surname is Slawic, and that there are
      villages in
      Germany (eg Merkendorf, coming from Mirck's dorf or village) which was
      originated
      a small village named by his founder, Mirck , coming around 900- 1000 from
      slawic.
      Alsoo I have information that the Korbach family Mirck came from Galicia
      (Eastern Europe)
      So, this is the history why I'm searching old roots in Eastern Europe.
      If you have any memberships of online databases and you can provide me query
      results,
      of any Mirck, any country, any timeperiod, I will be very thankfull.
      I'm willing to do research in the Netherlands if you have any ancestors over
      here.
      Thanks in advantage,
      Henk Mirck

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2000
        G'day Henk,

        Sorry mate, there must have went something wrong. See addresses below. I
        think someone else did send you the message you were responding to.
        This wasn't me.

        take care

        Frank