Re: Searching for MIRCK or MIRK

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Henk Mirck" <mirck@b...> wrote:
      > I'm researching the MIRCK (or MIRK) family.
      > Now I know that there most have been ancestors living in the
      Slovakian
      > countries.
      > Does anybody have seen this name before or has more information to
      help me.

      > I'm always willing to do some research in Nederland as a
      counterdraw.

      > Henk Mirck
      > Nederland

      Doubt that Mirk/Mirck was a Slavic surname from Slovakia.

      U.S. telephone White Pages list 250+ surname Mirk.

      http://www.go.com/People_Search/results?svx=WP_name_search&name_submit
      =search&uv3=&uv4=Mirk&uv5=&uv6=&uv7=us&x=5&y=11

      Canada White Pages list 151 surname Mirk.

      http://www.go.com/People_Search/results?svx=WP_name_search&name_submit
      =search&uv3=&uv4=Mirk&uv5=&uv6=&uv7=ca&x=11&y=10

      German White Pages list 250+ surname Mirk.

      http://www.go.com/People_Search/results?svx=WP_name_search&name_submit
      =search&uv3=&uv4=Mirk&uv5=&uv6=&uv7=de&x=18&y=5

      Without some pre-emigration surname origin clues you will be hard
      pressed to locate your possible ancestors, or even establish
      surname ethnicity because there are just too many surname bearers.

      I note 457 entries for World Family Tree for the surname Mirck.
      Birthplaces in early 1800s are given as Rotterdam, Odoomerveeen,
      Nederland; and under Korbach, Germany, Rhineland and Prussia,
      just to name a few places.