Searching for MIRCK or MIRK

  • Henk Mirck
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17 10:54 PM
      I'm researching the MIRCK (or MIRK) family.
      Now I know that there most have been ancestors living in the Slovakian
      countries.
      Does anybody have seen this name before or has more information to help me.

      I'm always willing to do some research in Nederland as a counterdraw.

      Henk Mirck
      Nederland

    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18 4:38 AM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Henk Mirck" <mirck@b...> wrote:
        > I'm researching the MIRCK (or MIRK) family.
        > Now I know that there most have been ancestors living in the
        Slovakian
        > countries.
        > Does anybody have seen this name before or has more information to
        help me.

        > I'm always willing to do some research in Nederland as a
        counterdraw.

        > Henk Mirck
        > Nederland

        Doubt that Mirk/Mirck was a Slavic surname from Slovakia.

        U.S. telephone White Pages list 250+ surname Mirk.

        http://www.go.com/People_Search/results?svx=WP_name_search&name_submit
        =search&uv3=&uv4=Mirk&uv5=&uv6=&uv7=us&x=5&y=11

        Canada White Pages list 151 surname Mirk.

        http://www.go.com/People_Search/results?svx=WP_name_search&name_submit
        =search&uv3=&uv4=Mirk&uv5=&uv6=&uv7=ca&x=11&y=10

        German White Pages list 250+ surname Mirk.

        http://www.go.com/People_Search/results?svx=WP_name_search&name_submit
        =search&uv3=&uv4=Mirk&uv5=&uv6=&uv7=de&x=18&y=5

        Without some pre-emigration surname origin clues you will be hard
        pressed to locate your possible ancestors, or even establish
        surname ethnicity because there are just too many surname bearers.

        I note 457 entries for World Family Tree for the surname Mirck.
        Birthplaces in early 1800s are given as Rotterdam, Odoomerveeen,
        Nederland; and under Korbach, Germany, Rhineland and Prussia,
        just to name a few places.