Re: [S-R] Puskar

  • Milan Olle
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
      My cousin Jana from Humenne, Slovak Republic married Marion Puskar also from Humenne, Slovak Republic.

      I hope this helps you get a start at least. Let me know if you need more information.

      Hears a fun fact for you: Correct me if I'm wrong guys: Puskar I think means rifle in Slovak.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
        Close... It means gunsmith. :-) Puska is a gun.
        Ben

        From: Milan Olle <coolkeytool@...>

        Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:49:35
        To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [S-R] Puskar

      • meachamms@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
          My great grandmother is a Puskar who immigrated from Nagy Domasa in the early 1900's. Her parents arrived about 7 years prior. They immigrated to Western Pennyslvania, about an hour from Morgantown, WV. I can find no records of a Milan Puskar but will continue to look through my Puskar research. Most Puskars I have found are Slovak or Austria (maybe same thing).