Puskar

  • Joann P
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
      I am curious if anyone knows the heritage of Milan Puskar, the founder of Mylan Pharmaceuticals in Morgantown, WV?

      I believe his heritage if from Eastern Europe but I can't find anything positive. Is he Serbian?

    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
        If you put Milan Puskar into Steve Morse's One-Step Search Engine, you
        will find that there is a Milan Puskarev who came from Slovakia. Could this
        be a father or grandfather? If you put Puskar in with no reference to the
        given name, the number of hits is very large.
        _http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellis.html_
        (http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellis.html)
        Noreen

      • Milan Olle
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
          My cousin Jana from Humenne, Slovak Republic married Marion Puskar also from Humenne, Slovak Republic.

          I hope this helps you get a start at least. Let me know if you need more information.

          Hears a fun fact for you: Correct me if I'm wrong guys: Puskar I think means rifle in Slovak.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
            Close... It means gunsmith. :-) Puska is a gun.
            Ben

            From: Milan Olle <coolkeytool@...>

            Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:49:35
            To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [S-R] Puskar

          • meachamms@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2009
              My great grandmother is a Puskar who immigrated from Nagy Domasa in the early 1900's. Her parents arrived about 7 years prior. They immigrated to Western Pennyslvania, about an hour from Morgantown, WV. I can find no records of a Milan Puskar but will continue to look through my Puskar research. Most Puskars I have found are Slovak or Austria (maybe same thing).