Re: IMPORTANT: FHL Electronic Slovakia Record Access Restrictions

  • lepus_rex
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2009
      Bill,

      One (semi-dumb) question about something you wrote:

      "If the village of your interest contains post-1895 records and
      are contained in the current online 'Pilot' collection they will only be viewable for the next few months."

      I'm assuming that this means that only those collections of images containing post-1895 records will be removed. Like, a set of images from 1885-1920, etc. They're not actually removing *all* records from villages that happen to have a set of post-1995 records, correct?

      ---Will

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
        I should have done a better job writing that. Indeed you are correct, sorry
        for the confusion. Problem with mail lists is that I cannot edit what I
        once sent.
        I will update the notice further and post them on my web page this weekend.

        I've also received an inquiry elsewhere about villages that seem to
        "disappear" from the Pilot index. I will inquire of the FHL about their
        process so we know what to expect.

        Regards,

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich" <bill.tarkulich@...>

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2009
          Thanks, Bill. I'm sure it made perfect sense to everyone but me. :)

          Speaking of "disappearing" records, I have noticed that the GK records from Lastomír [Baptisms (Krsty), Inv. è. 531, 1890-1921] have been incomplete for the past couple of weeks, with only a tiny collection of copies being available for the town. I reported the missing images, and got a reply, but I don't imagine they'll be fixing something that they'll be taking down soon enough anyways...

          ---Will