ANNA CSUBA/ CHUBA GEORGE SUTYAK / SHUTYAK

  • lcn325
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 30, 2009
      I have some confirmed information to my direct line in Kyjov, Slovak Republic; how can I relay this information for those in Kyjov who might tell me about more or better yet connect with?
      The latest information I found:

      Father: THOMAS CSUBA
      Mother: MARIA KRAJNYAK

      Daughter: ANNA CSUBA Born: 1872, Bapt.: 1876, Death: 1965
      America: 1895 Last(Maiden) Name: CHUBA

      Siblings: GEORGIOUS CSUBA Born: 1881, Bapt: 1886, Death: 1970s?

      SUTYAK

      Father: MICHAEL SUTYAK
      Mother: ANNA PALOVFSKY/PALOWSKI/POLAWSKI ?

      Son: GEORGIOUS SUTYAK B: 1876, Bapt: 1876 Death: 1919
      America: mid-1890s Last Name: SHUTYAK

      Siblings: ?

      There are so many cousins on both sides of the Atlantic, but I can only hope to find recent relatives who live(d) in the 20th and 21st centuries.
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 51 of 51 , Oct 9, 2009
        Bill, MacCartney doesn't really cover this very well, but I did find some
        answers in my own library. Fel and Hofer's "Proper Peasants" has a succinct
        description of what happened following the emancipation of the serfs in
        1848, though I still haven't found the answer to "how many?".

        Thanks for your effort to help.

        Whenever I read an especially good response to an interesting query, I can
        always tell before looking if you were the author. Your knowledge is
        phenomenal. Thank you for your continuing efforts to educate us all.

        Janet

        _____