Kijo

  • Tom Geiss
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28 1:01 PM
      A friend of mine is trying to locate the DUSNAK surname, in KILO. Since I can't ocate it on my atlas, I'm wondering if that wasn't the name of a Hungarian town that now has a different Slovak name???. Either that or the name of the town, or village could be KYJOV?? Anyone know of the town KIJO, that now has a different name?
      Tom

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28 1:32 PM
        Tom,

        Kyjov

        county: Stará Lubovna

        OLD NAMES of the village(town): 1773 Kijo, Kijó, Kijow, 1786 Kijo, 1808 Kijó, Kió, Kyow, 1863-1913 Kijó, 1920- Kyjov

        Looked in the 1995 Census. No listing for Dusnak. It gave six alternatives Dusak was the closest.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28 1:56 PM
          Thanks Mike. I will send that on to my friend.
          Tom

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29 8:49 AM
            Hi -

            Some of my relatives lived in Kyjov (CHUBA/SUTYAK) and then moved to Bridgeport, Connecticut. I have found the name DUZENAK that might be another spelling and possible lead. Don't forget the church records now listed online. I hope this helps rather than adds more confusion. I have to work with CHUBA/CSUBA and SHUTYAK/SUTYAK.
            and the states: CT, PA, OH, and CO Good luck!

            Liese Niedermayer

            To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
            From: tomfgurka@...
            Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:56:38 -0500

            Thanks Mike. I will send that on to my friend.
            Tom
            OLD NAMES of the village(town): 1773 Kijo, Kij�, Kijow, 1786 Kijo, 1808 Kij�, Ki�, Kyow, 1863-1913 Kij�, 1920- Kyjov