CGSI Conference Oct 14-17

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2009
      The CGSI Genealogy Conference is coming up in Cleveland October 14-17. I will be introducing some of the speakers on Slovak subjects. Stop by and say hello. It would be great to put faces to some of the names.
    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2009
        Dear SR Friends -  The CGSI Conference (Cultural and Genealogical) will take place in Cleveland OH Oct 15 - 17 with some outstanding programs and special events. It's not too late to sign up to attend for the whole conference or for one day. It's even possible to come one evening for the musical program and then the traditional parade of folk dress, Fri Oct 16. There is a $10 fee if you aren't attending the conference; everyone is welcome!

        We have set up two times when members of SR and SW can meet and mingle - in the hotel bar (the Holiday Inn S in Independence OH) from 5 - 6  pm on both Thurs Oct 15 and Fri Oct 16.

        Check out the entire program at cgsi.org. Many speakers, an extensive number of vendors and special exhibits are being offered with a special emphasis on Rusyns on Saturday.

        e mail me directly if you have questions helenezx@....

        For our gatherings in the bar everyone is welcome, bring family, friends, etc. no sign up required, just come!  I also welcome anyone who would like to take part in the parade of folk dress fri nite. Let me know!

        helene

        From: John <johnqadam@...>
        Subject: [S-R] CGSI Conference Oct 14-17
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Monday, September 28, 2009, 10:04 AM

        The CGSI Genealogy Conference is coming up in Cleveland October 14-17. I will be introducing some of the speakers on Slovak subjects. Stop by and say hello. It would be great to put faces to some of the names.

      • Marianna
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2009
          I'm so looking forward to this conference in hopes I can get some more clues
          to tracking my impossible Slovakian Hancin family. I'm wondering if any
          female(s) would be interested in sharing a room at the conference hotel?
          Thanks.

          Marianna Hancin

          _____

          Dear SR Friends - The CGSI Conference (Cultural and Genealogical) will take
          place in Cleveland OH Oct 15 - 17 with some outstanding programs and special
          events. It's not too late to sign up to attend for the whole conference or
          for one day. It's even possible to come one evening for the musical program
          and then the traditional parade of folk dress, Fri Oct 16. There is a $10
          fee if you aren't attending the conference; everyone is welcome!

          We have set up two times when members of SR and SW can meet and mingle - in
          the hotel bar (the Holiday Inn S in Independence OH) from 5 - 6 pm on both
          Thurs Oct 15 and Fri Oct 16.

          Check out the entire program at cgsi.org. Many speakers, an extensive number
          of vendors and special exhibits are being offered with a special emphasis on
          Rusyns on Saturday.

          e mail me directly if you have questions helenezx@aol.
          <mailto:helenezx%40aol.com> com.

          On Mon, 9/28/09, John <johnqadam@yahoo. <mailto:johnqadam%40yahoo.com> com>

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2009
            >>>a room at the conference hotel? <<<

            The Red Roof is a short distance and much cheaper. Also, the Holiday Inn rate drops substantially if only booking Friday and Saturday night.