Re: [S-R] Re: Family confusion

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 27 2:47 PM
      Hi Cathy,
      You could call the rectory and ask them for a look-up. If you told them
      you live across the country, they probably would do it for you when they had
      the time.
      The ledger may contain nothing, or it may contain all you need. Sometimes,
      it is really all just luck.
      In my case, the rectory ledger contained the exact village of origin of two
      of my grandparents. The third grandparent had the county in Slovakia,
      which was somewhat helpful and the fourth contained the wrong information,
      which was worse than no information at all.
      Hope you have success with it.
      Noreen