Re: [S-R] Saksa Family - Kellemes ((Medvecz))

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2009
      Medvecz . . .

      In my community (in Montana) lives a Medvec family. The surname was once spelled Medvecz.

      Rick

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17, 2009
        Phil
        thank you, that would be most appreciated.
        marilyn

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17, 2009
          The surname SAKSA means "Saxon" in Slovak. The SAKSA surname is among the
          godparents of some ancestors of mine in the Spis region, where it was a
          major Saxon area in the early middle ages, and was about 1/3 German until
          World War II. The adjacent Saris region, from which my ancestors also lived,
          had a number of villages that were German in origin, such as BARDEJOV.

          Best regards,

          David

        • christine mackara
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 2009
            Hi Philip,

            If you get a chance, while looking at the films near Presov, could you keep an eye open for the name MAKARA and DOJCSAK (DOHäZSAK) ?
            I am always looking for Makara and what I think is the great grandfathers mother's name Dojsak or Dohäzsak. Joannes Makara lived later, 1840's , in Presov.
            I would really appreciate it.
            Thank you, Christine