RE: [S-R] FHL Records redeaux

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009

      Bill,

      I'd be happy to help.

      My village is BREZINA (the one east of Kosice and west of Trebisov, near BYSTA and KUZMICE).

      Caye

      From: borderterriers@ cox.net
      Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:53:27 -0700

      Bill, I can help if it doesn't take too much technical expertise! I'm
      interested in the village of Stara Bystrica, surnames of Hancin and Lodnan.
      Thanks.

      Marianna

      _____

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
        hi Bill,
        please let me know how and if I can help. My family villages are
        Liptovska Teplicka, Lubicke Kupele, and Raslavice.
        what can we do to help.
        Noreen

      • Paul Paulochik
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
          Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talkng microfilms that have been
          catalogued, or data from the microfilms? And what sort of help do you need -
          something that can be done in a spreadsheet, or does this need a database
          programmer?

        • Marilyn Hertenstein
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
            Thank you for all you do Bill!!!

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
              This is a wonderful tip! I used it today and found more listings in a few
              minutes than I had found in weeks of searching. Thank you Bill.
              BTW, I love your website--very useful.
              MaryLou

              Do not neglect to use the "keyword search" feature on the FHL site to search
              for your
              village name. Sometimes your village name is not in the primary title.

              Bill

              ---------------------
              Text inserted by Panda GP 2010:

              http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_326&SPAM=true&path=C:\Documents%20and%20Se
              tings\Mary%20Lou\Local%20Settings\Application%20Data\Panda%20Security\Panda%2
              Global%20Protection%202010\AntiSpam
            • Barbara
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                I am Interested in Ruska Vola, Slovakia, the names are Kravec and Gladish. I know how overwhelming information can be, I am trying to sort through hundreds of pages from a baptism registry in Poland and am trying to finish that but am also trying to find information about my mother who was born is Slovakia in 1915, I do have her birth certificate but need information about her grandparents to search. She just turned 94 and I would like to find something soon.
                Thanks for your offer, even if there is nothing, you are a generous person to offer to help.
                Barbara,
                Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talkng microfilms that have been
                catalogued, or data from the microfilms? And what sort of help do you need -
                something that can be done in a spreadsheet, or does this need a database
                programmer?

              • Tom Potsko
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                  Bill,

                  Interested in Orsocz, Olsavce, Margonya, Marhan, Holic Slovakia, and
                  Strakonice, Czech Republic. Tom

                • Dan WJJT Griffin
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                    Bill,

                    I am interested in Ubrez, Gajdos, Sobrance, Ostrov, and Orechova in
                    Sobrance District of East Slovakia. Also Michalovce in the Michalovce
                    District of East Slovakia.

                    Dan

                  • jenna-m
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                      Hi Bill,

                      It sounds as if you don't want us to say what villages, places or surnames we are interested in finding out more about (at this time).

                      What kind of help would be most useful to you? Can you be specific of ways that one could help with limited S-R geneology skills and time? I would be happy to contribute in some way considering all the help and information I have received from many, here. Thanks for all you do.

                      Jenna