Re: [S-R] FHL Records redeaux

  • cerrunos1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
      You can count me in!

      From: "Bill Tarkulich" <bill.tarkulich@...>

      Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:25:20
      To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [S-R] FHL Records redeaux

      I have received tenfold as many requests for searches as I have offers of
      help. I seem to have created a monster. It has generated a large amount
      of additional work for me. This has forced my hand. I am making the update
      report my first task, so that you who benefit from this work can do the
      lookups yourself. I do this as a hobby, and time is very short for me.

      I have an offer from a kind-hearted soul with programming experience to help
      me pull out the essential data. We are talking about thousands of entries.
      If I can use the help from the other couple of folks who have offered to
      help, I'll let you know. Once that is done and posted you will be able to
      look through the updates yourself.

      Do not neglect to use the "keyword search" feature on the FHL site to search
      for your
      village name. Sometimes your village name is not in the primary title.

      Bill

    • Ron ROSKOS
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
        Bill,

        I would be interested in helping in any way I can. I am interested in the Zeleznika & Zelmanovce, Slovakia area which is just north of Presov.

        Thanks,

        Ron

        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        From: borderterriers@...
        Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:53:27 -0700
        Subject: RE: [S-R] FHL Records redeaux

        Bill, I can help if it doesn't take too much technical expertise! I'm
        interested in the village of Stara Bystrica, surnames of Hancin and Lodnan.
        Thanks.

        Marianna

        _____

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009

          Bill,

          I'd be happy to help.

          My village is BREZINA (the one east of Kosice and west of Trebisov, near BYSTA and KUZMICE).

          Caye

          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
            hi Bill,
            please let me know how and if I can help. My family villages are
            Liptovska Teplicka, Lubicke Kupele, and Raslavice.
            what can we do to help.
            Noreen

          • Paul Paulochik
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
              Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talkng microfilms that have been
              catalogued, or data from the microfilms? And what sort of help do you need -
              something that can be done in a spreadsheet, or does this need a database
              programmer?

            • Marilyn Hertenstein

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                  This is a wonderful tip! I used it today and found more listings in a few
                  minutes than I had found in weeks of searching. Thank you Bill.
                  BTW, I love your website--very useful.
                  MaryLou

                  Do not neglect to use the "keyword search" feature on the FHL site to search
                  for your
                  village name. Sometimes your village name is not in the primary title.

                  Bill

                  ---------------------
                  Text inserted by Panda GP 2010:

                  http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_326&SPAM=true&path=C:\Documents%20and%20Se
                  tings\Mary%20Lou\Local%20Settings\Application%20Data\Panda%20Security\Panda%2
                  Global%20Protection%202010\AntiSpam
                • Barbara
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                    I am Interested in Ruska Vola, Slovakia, the names are Kravec and Gladish. I know how overwhelming information can be, I am trying to sort through hundreds of pages from a baptism registry in Poland and am trying to finish that but am also trying to find information about my mother who was born is Slovakia in 1915, I do have her birth certificate but need information about her grandparents to search. She just turned 94 and I would like to find something soon.
                    Thanks for your offer, even if there is nothing, you are a generous person to offer to help.
                    Barbara,
                    Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talkng microfilms that have been
                    catalogued, or data from the microfilms? And what sort of help do you need -
                    something that can be done in a spreadsheet, or does this need a database
                    programmer?

                  • Tom Potsko
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                      Bill,

                      Interested in Orsocz, Olsavce, Margonya, Marhan, Holic Slovakia, and
                      Strakonice, Czech Republic. Tom

                    • Dan WJJT Griffin
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                        Bill,

                        I am interested in Ubrez, Gajdos, Sobrance, Ostrov, and Orechova in
                        Sobrance District of East Slovakia. Also Michalovce in the Michalovce
                        District of East Slovakia.

                        Dan

                      • jenna-m
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                          Hi Bill,

                          It sounds as if you don't want us to say what villages, places or surnames we are interested in finding out more about (at this time).

                          What kind of help would be most useful to you? Can you be specific of ways that one could help with limited S-R geneology skills and time? I would be happy to contribute in some way considering all the help and information I have received from many, here. Thanks for all you do.

                          Jenna