RE: [S-R] FHL Records redeaux

  • Marianna
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
      Bill, I can help if it doesn't take too much technical expertise! I'm
      interested in the village of Stara Bystrica, surnames of Hancin and Lodnan.
      Thanks.

      Marianna

      _____

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
        I am interested in records for Studienka in Bratislava (a.k.a. Szentistvan, Szentistvankut and Haszprunka).

        Specifics: Slovak records for Roman Catholic Church and 1869 census.

        I'd have to know a bit more about what the "help" requires to know if I could be of any help.

        Judy Hogel

        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
          Bill
          Let me know how I can help. The villiage I would be interested is Gbely,Skalica... 41 miles due north of Bratislava.
          .
          Thank you.
          Larry
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
            Hi Bill,

            I'd be curious to know if you have anything from Volica and Zbudska
            Bela, primarily the names Sotak (Szotak), Chaly-Benyo, Czomplyak and
            Holovacs.

            I'm not sure what kind of help you need, but please let me know, and if
            I am capable of doing it, I certainly will.

            Thank you......Gina

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
              I have received tenfold as many requests for searches as I have offers of
              help. I seem to have created a monster. It has generated a large amount
              of additional work for me. This has forced my hand. I am making the update
              report my first task, so that you who benefit from this work can do the
              lookups yourself. I do this as a hobby, and time is very short for me.

              I have an offer from a kind-hearted soul with programming experience to help
              me pull out the essential data. We are talking about thousands of entries.
              If I can use the help from the other couple of folks who have offered to
              help, I'll let you know. Once that is done and posted you will be able to
              look through the updates yourself.

              Do not neglect to use the "keyword search" feature on the FHL site to search
              for your
              village name. Sometimes your village name is not in the primary title.

              Bill
            • Zoe Chandik
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                Bill, I am new to the Czech-Slovak research area, but would like to
                help, if I can. I live in
                California, but will be gone for the next 2 weeks. What kind of
                assistance is needed? How much training would I need to help you? I
                have been working on my husbands line that came from Sakuz and
                Matisova, Slovakia in the 1890's. I do not know the language, but
                have obtained a Slovak-English dictionary recently. Let me know how I
                could be of help. Zoe Chandik vehummer@...

                On Sep 12, 2009, at 5:28 AM, Bill Tarkulich wrote:

[...]

                <!-- #ygrp-mkp{ border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-family: Arial;
                margin: 14px 0px; padding: 0px 14px; } #ygrp-mkp hr{ border: 1px
                solid #d8d8d8; } #ygrp-mkp #hd{ color: #628c2a; font-size: 85%; font-
                weight: bold; line-height: 122%; margin: 10px 0px; } #ygrp-mkp #ads
                { margin-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mkp .ad{ padding: 0 0; } #ygrp-mkp .ad
                a{ color: #0000ff; text-decoration: none; } --> <!-- #ygrp-sponsor
                #ygrp-lc{ font-family: Arial; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{ margin:
                10px 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 78%; line-height: 122%; }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{ margin-bottom: 10px; padding: 0 0; } -->
                <!-- #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family:
                arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;*font-size:small;*font:x-small;}
                #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;} #ygrp-mlmsg select,
                input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;} #ygrp-
                mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;*font-size:100%;} #ygrp-mlmsg *
                {line-height:1.22em;} #ygrp-text{ font-family: Georgia; } #ygrp-text
                p{ margin: 0 0 1em 0; } dd.last p a { font-family: Verdana; font-
                weight: bold; } #ygrp-vitnav{ padding-top: 10px; font-family:
                Verdana; font-size: 77%; margin: 0; } #ygrp-vitnav a{ padding: 0
                1px; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{ padding-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-reco { margin-
                bottom: 20px; padding: 0px; } #ygrp-reco #reco-head { font-weight:
                bold; color: #ff7900; } #reco-category{ font-size: 77%; } #reco-desc
                { font-size: 77%; } #ygrp-vital a{ text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-
                vital a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul
                { padding: 0 0 0 8px; margin: 0; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{ list-style-
                type: square; padding: 6px 0; font-size: 77%; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a
                { text-decoration: none; font-size: 130%; } #ygrp-sponsor #nc
                { background-color: #eee; margin-bottom: 20px; padding: 0 8px; }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad{ padding: 8px 0; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{ font-
                family: Arial; font-weight: bold; color: #628c2a; font-size: 100%;
                line-height: 122%; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-decoration: none; }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; } #ygrp-
                sponsor .ad p{ margin: 0; font-weight: normal; color: #000000; } o
                {font-size: 0; } .MsoNormal{ margin: 0 0 0 0; } #ygrp-text tt{ font-
                size: 120%; } blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;} .replbq{margin:4}
                dd.last p span { margin-right: 10px; font-family: Verdana; font-
                weight: bold; } dd.last p span.yshortcuts { margin-right: 0; }
                div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover,
                div.photo-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.file-title
                a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title
                a:visited { text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count
                { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow: hidden; } #ygrp-
                msg p#attach-count span { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: bold; }
                div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana;
                font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; } #ygrp-msg p a { font-family:
                Verdana; } #ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; } div.attach-table div div
                a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table { width: 400px; } -->
              • cerrunos1@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                  You can count me in!

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                    Bill,

                    I would be interested in helping in any way I can. I am interested in the Zeleznika & Zelmanovce, Slovakia area which is just north of Presov.

                    Thanks,

                    Ron

                    To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009

                      Bill,

                      I'd be happy to help.

                      My village is BREZINA (the one east of Kosice and west of Trebisov, near BYSTA and KUZMICE).

                      Caye

                      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                        hi Bill,
                        please let me know how and if I can help. My family villages are
                        Liptovska Teplicka, Lubicke Kupele, and Raslavice.
                        what can we do to help.
                        Noreen

                      • Paul Paulochik
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                          Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talkng microfilms that have been
                          catalogued, or data from the microfilms? And what sort of help do you need -
                          something that can be done in a spreadsheet, or does this need a database
                          programmer?

                        • Marilyn Hertenstein

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                              This is a wonderful tip! I used it today and found more listings in a few
                              minutes than I had found in weeks of searching. Thank you Bill.
                              BTW, I love your website--very useful.
                              MaryLou

                              Do not neglect to use the "keyword search" feature on the FHL site to search
                              for your
                              village name. Sometimes your village name is not in the primary title.

                              Bill

                              ---------------------
                              Text inserted by Panda GP 2010:

                              http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_326&SPAM=true&path=C:\Documents%20and%20Se
                              tings\Mary%20Lou\Local%20Settings\Application%20Data\Panda%20Security\Panda%2
                              Global%20Protection%202010\AntiSpam
                            • Barbara
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                                I am Interested in Ruska Vola, Slovakia, the names are Kravec and Gladish. I know how overwhelming information can be, I am trying to sort through hundreds of pages from a baptism registry in Poland and am trying to finish that but am also trying to find information about my mother who was born is Slovakia in 1915, I do have her birth certificate but need information about her grandparents to search. She just turned 94 and I would like to find something soon.
                                Thanks for your offer, even if there is nothing, you are a generous person to offer to help.
                                Barbara,
                                Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talkng microfilms that have been
                                catalogued, or data from the microfilms? And what sort of help do you need -
                                something that can be done in a spreadsheet, or does this need a database
                                programmer?

                              • Tom Potsko
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                                  Bill,

                                  Interested in Orsocz, Olsavce, Margonya, Marhan, Holic Slovakia, and
                                  Strakonice, Czech Republic. Tom

                                • Dan WJJT Griffin
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                                    Bill,

                                    I am interested in Ubrez, Gajdos, Sobrance, Ostrov, and Orechova in
                                    Sobrance District of East Slovakia. Also Michalovce in the Michalovce
                                    District of East Slovakia.

                                    Dan

                                  • jenna-m
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                                      Hi Bill,

                                      It sounds as if you don't want us to say what villages, places or surnames we are interested in finding out more about (at this time).

                                      What kind of help would be most useful to you? Can you be specific of ways that one could help with limited S-R geneology skills and time? I would be happy to contribute in some way considering all the help and information I have received from many, here. Thanks for all you do.

                                      Jenna