Re: [S-R] FHL Records redeaux

  • MaryLou
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
      What type of help do you need? If it is something I can do, I would be glad
      to help.
      MaryLou

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
        Bill, I’m not sure what sort of help you’re looking for, but I would be
        happy to pitch in if I can. I’m very good at “dog work.”

        I’ve been waiting for years for something to come out for the Evangelical
        church records for Verbó/Vrbove in old Nyitra megye. Any hope for me?

        Janet

      • ROBERT LISTON
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
          Bill,
          Glad to help. Let me know what I can do. I am interested in the villages of Joko, Dobra Voda, Osuske, Hradiste pod Vratnom, Jablonica and Rasnik outside Bratislava.
          Joanne Liston

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
            Bill, I can help if it doesn't take too much technical expertise! I'm
            interested in the village of Stara Bystrica, surnames of Hancin and Lodnan.
            Thanks.

            Marianna

            _____

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
              I am interested in records for Studienka in Bratislava (a.k.a. Szentistvan, Szentistvankut and Haszprunka).

              Specifics: Slovak records for Roman Catholic Church and 1869 census.

              I'd have to know a bit more about what the "help" requires to know if I could be of any help.

              Judy Hogel

              To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                Bill
                Let me know how I can help. The villiage I would be interested is Gbely,Skalica... 41 miles due north of Bratislava.
                .
                Thank you.
                Larry
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                  Hi Bill,

                  I'd be curious to know if you have anything from Volica and Zbudska
                  Bela, primarily the names Sotak (Szotak), Chaly-Benyo, Czomplyak and
                  Holovacs.

                  I'm not sure what kind of help you need, but please let me know, and if
                  I am capable of doing it, I certainly will.

                  Thank you......Gina

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                    I have received tenfold as many requests for searches as I have offers of
                    help. I seem to have created a monster. It has generated a large amount
                    of additional work for me. This has forced my hand. I am making the update
                    report my first task, so that you who benefit from this work can do the
                    lookups yourself. I do this as a hobby, and time is very short for me.

                    I have an offer from a kind-hearted soul with programming experience to help
                    me pull out the essential data. We are talking about thousands of entries.
                    If I can use the help from the other couple of folks who have offered to
                    help, I'll let you know. Once that is done and posted you will be able to
                    look through the updates yourself.

                    Do not neglect to use the "keyword search" feature on the FHL site to search
                    for your
                    village name. Sometimes your village name is not in the primary title.

                    Bill
                  • Zoe Chandik
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                      Bill, I am new to the Czech-Slovak research area, but would like to
                      help, if I can. I live in
                      California, but will be gone for the next 2 weeks. What kind of
                      assistance is needed? How much training would I need to help you? I
                      have been working on my husbands line that came from Sakuz and
                      Matisova, Slovakia in the 1890's. I do not know the language, but
                      have obtained a Slovak-English dictionary recently. Let me know how I
                      could be of help. Zoe Chandik vehummer@...

                      On Sep 12, 2009, at 5:28 AM, Bill Tarkulich wrote:

[...]

                      <!-- #ygrp-mkp{ border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-family: Arial;
                      margin: 14px 0px; padding: 0px 14px; } #ygrp-mkp hr{ border: 1px
                      solid #d8d8d8; } #ygrp-mkp #hd{ color: #628c2a; font-size: 85%; font-
                      weight: bold; line-height: 122%; margin: 10px 0px; } #ygrp-mkp #ads
                      { margin-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mkp .ad{ padding: 0 0; } #ygrp-mkp .ad
                      a{ color: #0000ff; text-decoration: none; } --> <!-- #ygrp-sponsor
                      #ygrp-lc{ font-family: Arial; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{ margin:
                      10px 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 78%; line-height: 122%; }
                      #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{ margin-bottom: 10px; padding: 0 0; } -->
                      <!-- #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family:
                      arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;*font-size:small;*font:x-small;}
                      #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;} #ygrp-mlmsg select,
                      input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;} #ygrp-
                      mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;*font-size:100%;} #ygrp-mlmsg *
                      {line-height:1.22em;} #ygrp-text{ font-family: Georgia; } #ygrp-text
                      p{ margin: 0 0 1em 0; } dd.last p a { font-family: Verdana; font-
                      weight: bold; } #ygrp-vitnav{ padding-top: 10px; font-family:
                      Verdana; font-size: 77%; margin: 0; } #ygrp-vitnav a{ padding: 0
                      1px; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{ padding-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-reco { margin-
                      bottom: 20px; padding: 0px; } #ygrp-reco #reco-head { font-weight:
                      bold; color: #ff7900; } #reco-category{ font-size: 77%; } #reco-desc
                      { font-size: 77%; } #ygrp-vital a{ text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-
                      vital a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul
                      { padding: 0 0 0 8px; margin: 0; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{ list-style-
                      type: square; padding: 6px 0; font-size: 77%; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a
                      { text-decoration: none; font-size: 130%; } #ygrp-sponsor #nc
                      { background-color: #eee; margin-bottom: 20px; padding: 0 8px; }
                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad{ padding: 8px 0; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{ font-
                      family: Arial; font-weight: bold; color: #628c2a; font-size: 100%;
                      line-height: 122%; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-decoration: none; }
                      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; } #ygrp-
                      sponsor .ad p{ margin: 0; font-weight: normal; color: #000000; } o
                      {font-size: 0; } .MsoNormal{ margin: 0 0 0 0; } #ygrp-text tt{ font-
                      size: 120%; } blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;} .replbq{margin:4}
                      dd.last p span { margin-right: 10px; font-family: Verdana; font-
                      weight: bold; } dd.last p span.yshortcuts { margin-right: 0; }
                      div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover,
                      div.photo-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.file-title
                      a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title
                      a:visited { text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count
                      { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow: hidden; } #ygrp-
                      msg p#attach-count span { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: bold; }
                      div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana;
                      font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; } #ygrp-msg p a { font-family:
                      Verdana; } #ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; } div.attach-table div div
                      a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table { width: 400px; } -->
                    • cerrunos1@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                        You can count me in!

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 12, 2009
                          Bill,

                          I would be interested in helping in any way I can. I am interested in the Zeleznika & Zelmanovce, Slovakia area which is just north of Presov.

                          Thanks,

                          Ron

                          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009

                            Bill,

                            I'd be happy to help.

                            My village is BREZINA (the one east of Kosice and west of Trebisov, near BYSTA and KUZMICE).

                            Caye

                            To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                              hi Bill,
                              please let me know how and if I can help. My family villages are
                              Liptovska Teplicka, Lubicke Kupele, and Raslavice.
                              what can we do to help.
                              Noreen

                            • Paul Paulochik
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                                Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talkng microfilms that have been
                                catalogued, or data from the microfilms? And what sort of help do you need -
                                something that can be done in a spreadsheet, or does this need a database
                                programmer?

                              • Marilyn Hertenstein

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                                    This is a wonderful tip! I used it today and found more listings in a few
                                    minutes than I had found in weeks of searching. Thank you Bill.
                                    BTW, I love your website--very useful.
                                    MaryLou

                                    Do not neglect to use the "keyword search" feature on the FHL site to search
                                    for your
                                    village name. Sometimes your village name is not in the primary title.

                                    Bill

                                    ---------------------
                                    Text inserted by Panda GP 2010:

                                    http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_326&SPAM=true&path=C:\Documents%20and%20Se
                                    tings\Mary%20Lou\Local%20Settings\Application%20Data\Panda%20Security\Panda%2
                                    Global%20Protection%202010\AntiSpam
                                  • Barbara
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 13, 2009
                                      I am Interested in Ruska Vola, Slovakia, the names are Kravec and Gladish. I know how overwhelming information can be, I am trying to sort through hundreds of pages from a baptism registry in Poland and am trying to finish that but am also trying to find information about my mother who was born is Slovakia in 1915, I do have her birth certificate but need information about her grandparents to search. She just turned 94 and I would like to find something soon.
                                      Thanks for your offer, even if there is nothing, you are a generous person to offer to help.
                                      Barbara,
                                      Could you be a bit more specific? Are you talkng microfilms that have been
                                      catalogued, or data from the microfilms? And what sort of help do you need -
                                      something that can be done in a spreadsheet, or does this need a database
                                      programmer?

                                    • Tom Potsko
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                                        Bill,

                                        Interested in Orsocz, Olsavce, Margonya, Marhan, Holic Slovakia, and
                                        Strakonice, Czech Republic. Tom

                                      • Dan WJJT Griffin
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                                          Bill,

                                          I am interested in Ubrez, Gajdos, Sobrance, Ostrov, and Orechova in
                                          Sobrance District of East Slovakia. Also Michalovce in the Michalovce
                                          District of East Slovakia.

                                          Dan

                                        • jenna-m
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 14, 2009
                                            Hi Bill,

                                            It sounds as if you don't want us to say what villages, places or surnames we are interested in finding out more about (at this time).

                                            What kind of help would be most useful to you? Can you be specific of ways that one could help with limited S-R geneology skills and time? I would be happy to contribute in some way considering all the help and information I have received from many, here. Thanks for all you do.

                                            Jenna