Need help identifying photos/translating

  • mromanstix
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2009
      My grandparents were from Czechoslovakia (as it existed in 1921-39). They told us they were Slovak but I recently found information that indicates they were Rusyn.

      My Grandmother is from Makaria or Makarovo now in the Ukraine and my grandfather is most likely from Dolha in the Ukraine. We have some old unlabeled pictures that I would like help in identifying. I have posted the pictures in the Yahoo Group under "Roman/Hordubej photos" (which were their last names). Two pictures have writing on the back which I also copied. Any translations, information, or speculations are welcome.

      Thank you to everyone in this group, I have been learning a lot just by reading the posts and answers.

      Michelle Roman
    • david1law@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2009
        Dear Michelle:

        Is your Roman family in Cleveland? I know that my dad is related to a
        very large Roman family in the Cleveland area, and they grew up around East
        45th street. If there is any connection, please feel free to contact me
        directly at _David1Law@..._ (mailto:David1Law@...) . I hope that you
        have a great day.

        Best regards,

        David