Re: [S-R] Re: Names: Man's name change Vaclav to James

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hmm... As I read this, I think that there is an interesting reason- perhaps- for the middle initial becoming a B.  It is ingenious.... :-) on your ancestor's part!

      In azbuka- or the Russian alphabet- the sound of V is spelled with what looks like a Latin B.  Perhaps, though it is hard to prove, he was actually using the azbuka for his middle initial instead of the Latin letter!
      Ben