Names: Woman's name - Josefina Lvie

  • charles tintera
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Names: Woman's name - Josefina Lvie

      On a Birth Certificate for an aunt (father's sister) I noticed that her
      mother's name is recorded as "Josefina Lvie". I have not encountered the
      name "Lvie" before.

      I suppose it could be a misprint or something like a phonic spelling of an
      honorific. None of the other, and very few, documents that I have that
      identify her with this name. Was this a common Slovak or Bohemian middle
      name in the middle 1800s?

      Charles "Chuck" Tintera