Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Files?

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
      When I go to the files setting on the group page, it says the file is
      empty... so either I am not reading it at all or whoever put the 5MB
      file there took it off. I don't know which.

      I'm glad for people to use the file function to place things for us to
      see and help them with, but I'm not sure if they should stay there
      forever? Since this is the only list I have which even -thinks- about
      using this function, I am really going with what you all think is best
      on this. I don't think anyone should load files that big on there
      (several MB), but that's just my opinion based on my system limitations.

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
        At 05:16 PM 9/6/00 -0500, you wrote:

        >When I go to the files setting on the group page, it says the file is
        >empty... so either I am not reading it at all or whoever put the 5MB
        >file there took it off. I don't know which.
        >
        >I'm glad for people to use the file function to place things for us to
        >see and help them with, but I'm not sure if they should stay there
        >forever? Since this is the only list I have which even -thinks- about
        >using this function, I am really going with what you all think is best
        >on this. I don't think anyone should load files that big on there
        >(several MB), but that's just my opinion based on my system limitations.

        Your right Maura, it is gone. The file was there yesterday when I checked
        the uploading procedure but it's gone today. I agree that it is a great
        way to share information if not abused.

        John