Re: [S-R] Michigan needs our help

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2009
      Dear Slovak Roots members,
      This is my small contribution to help. I sent this email today.
      Reen

      Dear Senator Allen,
      Please intervene and support the people of Michigan and those out of state
      as well in their efforts of keeping the archives and collections and books
      intact. History is very important and only keeping these items intact will
      allow future generations to have access to them, as is their right.
      I copied and printed this quote from Cynthia Grostick, President
      Michigan Genealogical Council because I echo her concern.
      Thank you and best wishes
      Noreen Hasior
      Peekskill, New York

      "breaking up the collection at
      the Library, which has items dating back to the 1800s, is not the
      answer. Once this collection is gone, there is no going back. This
      would be a great loss to the citizens of this state as well as those
      that come to our state to use this collection. This would also be a
      blow to all public libraries, as they receive part of their funding
      from the library and have access to MeLCat, which is the system used
      for interlibrary loan."
      Cynthia Grostick, President
      Michigan Genealogical Council

      Steps!