Slovak Maps

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2009
      http://www.heartofeurope.co.uk/travel.htm There are three maps; $11, $12, $13. The 1:300,000 would have the most detail.

      From: nhasior@...
      Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:36 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] National Czech & Slovak Museum and Library/ Jankola Library

      Hi Charlotte,
      The only Slovak museum and library that I know of which is located in the
      Eastern part of the country is the Jankola Library and Museum located in
      Danville, Pennsylvania. The website is
      _http://jankolalibrary.sscm.org/_ (http://jankolalibrary.sscm.org/)
      Been there and it is worth the trip.
      Reen

      In a message dated 7/11/2009 5:06:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      charr61pribish@... writes:

      I've found internet maps frustrating. Once you zoom in to locate a small
      village, you lose the prespective of where it fits in with the rest of the
      country. I solved my problem by buying a map of Slovakia from The National
      Czech & Slovak Museum and Library in Cedar Rapids. The website is
      www.ncsml.org. The map is in Slovak and costs $14 plus $4 for shippping.

      I still find it incredible that such a museum is out in the plains rather
      than in the eastern part of the US. Very interesting place with a nice
      selection of books--adult and children--and a very friendly staff. I didn't
      have the opportunity to check out the library when we were there. Worth
      taking a drive there if you're in the midwest.

      Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

      .

      **************Performance you need and the value you want! Check out great
      laptop deals from Dell!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223081934x1201714279/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D819
      39%2D1629%2D4)

    • Marilyn Hertenstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 22, 2009
        There is a small library/museum located in the Eparchy of Parma, it was just
        opened last month, the Emil J. Mihalik Center for Byzantine Catholic
        Culture.

        See: http://www.parma.org/40th_activities_dedication.asp

        The Eparchy also offers guidance as to where to find church records for
        churches that were closed: http://www.parma.org/Records.asp

        Marilyn