National Czech & Slovak Museum and Library/ Jankola Library

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2009
      Hi Charlotte,
      The only Slovak museum and library that I know of which is located in the
      Eastern part of the country is the Jankola Library and Museum located in
      Danville, Pennsylvania. The website is
      _http://jankolalibrary.sscm.org/_ (http://jankolalibrary.sscm.org/)
      Been there and it is worth the trip.
      Reen

      In a message dated 7/11/2009 5:06:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      charr61pribish@... writes:

      I've found internet maps frustrating. Once you zoom in to locate a small
      village, you lose the prespective of where it fits in with the rest of the
      country. I solved my problem by buying a map of Slovakia from The National
      Czech & Slovak Museum and Library in Cedar Rapids. The website is
      www.ncsml.org. The map is in Slovak and costs $14 plus $4 for shippping.

      I still find it incredible that such a museum is out in the plains rather
      than in the eastern part of the US. Very interesting place with a nice
      selection of books--adult and children--and a very friendly staff. I didn't
      have the opportunity to check out the library when we were there. Worth
      taking a drive there if you're in the midwest.

      Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

      .

      **************Performance you need and the value you want! Check out great
      laptop deals from Dell!