Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] 1879 Cadca, Czechoslovokia Marriage Film/Attach Doc/Gabris-Strba

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2000
      Dear Maryann,

      Anything that is not free text is stripped out of messages sent to this mailing
      list (true with most lists) hence the [Non-text portions of this message have
      been removed] notation. This reduces the possibility of virus proliferation and
      prevents those looooong down loads when someone send a 3 MB picture.

      Just send the attachments to us privately. I'd like to seem them also:

      judyq@...

      Dr. "Q"

      maryann azar wrote:

      > Thank you Joe, Frank, and everyone. I don't know how or if these
      > attachments will work on this website, but must try. This is the scanned
      > page (if it will open for you, please look at entry # 19, third from the
      > bottom) for the town name we cannot decipher. There is also a blowup of
      > the town name. Both are jpg files, hope it works. Since I haven't seen
      > other attach documents on the site--don't know if it's possible.
      >
      > I'm trying not to get too excited about this, but have found a town on
      > mapquest, maybe a hamlet, about four "as the crow flies" miles from our
      > Gabris starting point of Cadca that carries the name Zakopcie.
      >
      > The proximity of the two towns has me thinking Adam and Eva were close
      > enough for some 1879-style courting. (Hope the peasant lifestyle allowed
      > time for a little romance.) Otherwise, he may have gone a-courting in
      > Poland.
      >
      > Joe, your six eyes are better than mine at this point---I have almost
      > squinted my eyes out scrutinizing this word--I want it to be Zakopcie,
      > but---???
      >
      > Please let me know if this works, and if you can determine the town name
      > from this handwiritng. If it opens for you, also note the "Fish" symbols
      > on the entire page preceeding at the letters A, M, and N. Fingers crossed
      > the attach will work, Greatfully, Maryann Gabris Azar.

    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2000
        At 06:01 PM 9/5/00 -0700, you wrote:

        >Dear Maryann,
        >
        >Anything that is not free text is stripped out of messages sent to this
        >mailing
        >list (true with most lists) hence the [Non-text portions of this message have
        >been removed] notation. This reduces the possibility of virus
        >proliferation and
        >prevents those looooong down loads when someone send a 3 MB picture.
        >
        >Just send the attachments to us privately. I'd like to seem them also:
        >
        >judyq@...
        >
        >Dr. "Q"

        There is another way. If you go to http://www.egroups.com/ you will see
        that you are a member of Slovak-Roots. Click on Slovak-Roots. When the
        page. Then click on Upload File and follow the directions. Hopefully your
        file is not very large. There is a 5MB file there that someone
        uploaded. A file that size takes forever to download unless you have a
        digital service connection. I'm not certain who has the authority to
        remove files, perhaps Maura or the person that uploads it.

        John