Re: [S-R] 1869 Hungarian census word translations

  • aantoska@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7 9:10 PM
      A different slant-

      'obec' = community, municipality
      'obecni' = communal, local, from the region/area
      'vojak od' = soldier from
      'regularneho vojska' = regular army, as opposed to cavalry or artillery hence possibly infantry
      'docasne' = temporary
      'prepusteni' = leave

      I would transliterate the phrase as '(from the locale) soldier in the regular army, on temporary leave'
      s' pozdruvom
      Alan