Re: [S-R] more surnames from Slovak magazine

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
      Linda,
      Out of curiosity I entered your surnames in the Slovak 1995 Census data base. The surname Ocholniczky had not listing. But Kiliany did -
      the first line says that there were 36 listing for Kiliany in 36 locations, the top 12 are given. Each listing is 1) name of the place, 2) (okr) name of the county it is in and 3) how many Kiliany are there.
      My ancestral village is in okr. Stara Lubovna, except for Durkova I have been to all of the other places during my six trips. And okr. Poprad it the county just west okr. Stara Lubovna.
      Do you know where your Kiliany ancestors came from?
      Priezvisko KILIANY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 36×, celkový pocet lokalít: 12, v lokalitách:
      FORBASY, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 9×;
      KAMIENKA, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 6×;
      BRESTOVANY, okr. TRNAVA - 4×;
      NIZNÉ RUZBACHY, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 4×;
      ZAVAR, okr. TRNAVA - 4×;
      DURKOVÁ, okr. STARÁ LUBOVNA - 2×;
      GÁN, okr. GALANTA - 2×;
      SPACINCE, okr. TRNAVA - 1×;
      BATIZOVCE, okr. POPRAD - 1×;
      DOLNÉ LOVCICE, okr. TRNAVA - 1×;
      NOVÁ LESNÁ, okr. POPRAD - 1×;
      POPRAD, okr. POPRAD - 1×;

      From: Michael Mojher <mgmojher@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 7:19 PM

      Linda,
      SLOVAK-ROOTS is a genealogy support group for those who have family roots in the country of Slovakia. That is the simple answer.
      Is there something more you would like to know?

      From: Bratgirl54@aol. com <Bratgirl54@aol. com>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 2:20 PM

      Would love to see Cernan, page 7 also! Thanks.

      In a message dated 6/21/2009 11:19:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      mabensh@yahoo. com writes:

      Have scanned another issue of Children's Friend Slovak magazine. This is
      the June 1974 issue. If you'd like me to email a page, let me know the page
      number and surname. For some new members, they might want to do a search of
      our archives as I've posted nearly 2 years worth of issues/surnames.

      p2 - Stofko, Egan, Klimchak
      p5 - Fialkovic, Kurak, Hodas, Franko, Galik, Dziak-Bohm, Garasic, Burican

      p6 - Shambora, Krajsa, Behuncik, Venit, Cernan
      p7 - Cernan, Istvanek, Seliga
      p9 - Dulik, Podkrivacky
      p10 - Bosak, Husek, Dulik
      p11 - Sciranka, Baydik, Maga, Janiek, Sajdak, Valach, Gasparovic, Dutko,
      Kacurak, Lucan, Szema, Svrchek, Hussar, Lacko, Pacuta, Kulka, Kovac, Cehelska

      p12 - Tanzone, Holodak, Goulad, Aldis
      p14 - Jones, Ribar, Bobusch
      p15 - Papin

      ************ **A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy