Re: Digest Number 4

  • D Le Fevre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 1999
      Hi!
      My family came over and settled first in Rices Landing and then in Canonsburg, just south of where you are in Bridgeport. My grandfather worked at the Bridgeport Steel Works in the 60's when I was a lttle girl after the Tin Plate Factory shut down in Canonsburg... now its Sarris Candy !
      I have done quite a bit of genealogical research in Canonsburg and Rices Landing... and while I was looking for my family I became aware of the South Western Pennslvania Slovak Group at the Washington (next door to Canonsburg) Public Library...I was bron in Canonsburg and I am second generation American...part Slovak (Mnisek nad
      Hcilcom area) and Scottish...all my family on both sides initially worked in the coal mines...Diane LeFevre